Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Spanish Spoken Word - The Translation to English of "Ansiedad Del Corazón"

Prelude: It is always difficult to translate from Spanish to English, especially in the arts.  The Spanish language has beautiful and colorful meanings in its native tongue.  To simply translate a Spanish work of art into English, is not as simple as it may sound, for the true meaning is lost in translation.  Only a general understanding can be interpreted.  I will make an attempt to translate one of my most favorite writings to date... See later down in the this blog for the original version written in its native tongue, Espanol.

"Ansiedad Del Corazón" in English


Anxiety of the Heart

my heart says nothing
the feelings it shares are without words
it's true desire attracts your true romantic
hidden deep in your soul
a place you let no one go

it penetrates your walls
and the all the heartbreak you once felt is forgotten 
and not even thought about.

One look deep into your eyes
justifies your beautiful self
exposed and bare
exposed and bare
your eyes speak and my heart feels the passion of your fears,
the years of your tears and the unlocking
of true joy which encapsulates your soul.
A dream come true
unbelievable and just for you...
Its a real dream,
to feel something different than the reality of your internal scream,
and when you wake and I am not there beside...
silently your heart does cry.

My faults run deep
but my heart never lies
it only sighs because it knows...
Soon you'll be gone
Convincing yourself to sing a different song,
but there is no escape to the memories we did create.

So my heart decided to
sprinkle you with cupid's dust
and let you know the meaning of true lust...
Even though,
you hurt deeply in your soul
and are no longer capable of repair.
I can see through what you hide
and catch you when you try to run.

I give you no space
so you never wake
back to the reality of how you disguise your emotion
and hate
and hate...
The non acceptance of your true soulmate.

Yours in a perfect dream,

My heart of acceptance

No comments:

Post a Comment